View Single Post
Old 16-05-2020, 11:50 PM   #656
prydey
Rob

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Not surprising, I've been a few times now and when its busy its feral, but go up there on a quiet weekend and its actually not bad as they keep them clean.

Im waiting a month to let people get it out of their systems before I go anywhere.
Yeah, it was a bit of a shame as the campgrounds themselves looked great. They've tried to keep it very natural looking. No sign of wildlife when we were there and i'd imagine the crowds tend to scare them off.

the day was a great day though. nothing like enjoying the company of your family around a fire.

so much so that i got home and started looking for other picnic grounds that also have fire pits. turns out its a bit of a theme with Forestry SA and there are a couple of picnic grounds in Kuitpo that also are basically day camp areas, complete with numerous fire pits. Might check them out tomorrow and they are much closer to home.

Mind you, while Mt crawford is a 1.5hr journey for us, its all through the country so a great drive. We detoured through Meadows to buy some baked goodness from their bakery (meadows bakery is one of the best you'll ever visit. I can't go past their honey logs, and my daughter rated their vanilla slice the best she's had, narrowly edging out clarendon bakery, another baked goods paradise) and on the way home saw some of the evidence of the january fires as we came back through charleston and woodside etc.

Never know Bent, may see you out there one day.