View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 02:34 PM   #17
manchu

Default Re: Powershift data logs and P0715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondaveo View Post
Pretty sure it was a preexisting condition when this car was sold too. The last service docket includes a request to investigate a "hesitation"
I'm sure mine was pre-existing too. The annoying thing is that the car was still (just) in warranty when it first occurred but instead of getting it fixed the owner just decided to make it someone else's problem. Lucky for me that someone was the dealer I bought it from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondaveo View Post
The main thing I guess is that it seems not to have come on as severe as others have experienced. One loss of drive, and only occasional misses at shifting (though it's enough to make me tiptoe at every intersection I approach now). Maybe getting a bit worse now that the car is throwing codes, but ATM it's still drivable?...
Yes it's drivable, but it could be very inconvenient or dangerous if you lose drive at the wrong moment.

I had the loss of drive only once in the first ~400km of my ownership so wasn't overly concerned because it sorted itself after a restart. The 2nd time it really crapped itself and left me stranded for hours. Thankfully it was within RACV towing allowance and wasn't with the mrs or kids.

It sounds to me like the issues are regular enough that you need to take action sooner rather than later. Consider also that if you need it fixed you may be waiting some time on parts. It took 1 month for my mechatronic unit to be replaced!

I'd be going straight to Ford for a diagnosis, report and quote for their recommended fix and check part stock. It might cost $150 odd to get this done but once informed you can start battling for it to be fixed for free or share costs under Aust. Consumer Law.

I really don't know how you'll go pulling the ACL card, especially seeing as you bought the car used, but it's worth a shot. A mate had an XR5 focus engine rebuild partly covered out of warranty and that car was bought used so there is some hope.
manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: