View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 12:52 PM   #1567
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas2 View Post
You have to be careful with studies that look at this. These are typically all retrospective cohort studies (which I'm sure you know already) as you can't directly observe the hypothesis due to time and ethics.

People are generally inaccurate when it comes to self-reporting their food intakes. For these studies there are so many variables that could correlate to the onset of cancer.
This is the most important part, people will lie, I have witnessed this myself, my father in law will tell his doctor that he has 2-3 beers over the weekend, when in reality he drinks himself onto oblivion most nights of the week. Why does he lie, because he knows what his doctor wants him to say and he does not want a lecture, so he just says what the doctor want to hear.

Another example is my own mother who will tell her doctor that she eats health, and she can't understand why her diabetes is out of control, when she stays with me she will have cakes for breakfast and a tub if ice cream every day, biscuits etc. Last time she got admitted to hospital with sky high blood sugar she told the nurse that she had not eaten anything when she literally had 4 doughnuts less that two hours prior to being admitted.

Self reporting studies are useless.

Also they do not account for drinking/smoking/work environment/family history/environmental factors/etc etc.

I honestly don't even know why they bother doing them.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote