View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 02:05 PM   #24
Roger1960

Default Re: Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borts154 View Post
You'll love the PS4S, like you my 2015 XR8 isn't a daily driver & when the time came to replace the Dunlops I wanted a decent tire, the PS4S was it.

I've done over 10k on them now & they are great. There is more - but not much more tyre noise compared to the Dunlops - the only good thing the Dunlops had going for them and nowhere near as bad as the PZERO's I used to have on my G6E.
I'm hearing mostly great stuff about the Michelin PS4S tyres so far. However, if you found them a bit noisier than the original Dunlop SP Sport Maxx tyres, on exactly the same car as mine, then that's a worry. I probably won't like them in that case, no matter how good the grip is.

As I've posted elsewhere, the original Dunlops on my car at 21,900 KM are incredibly noisey once warmed up. By the look of them they still have about 8,000 KM to 10,000 KM left in them. I should point out here that the car was never driven in anger by the original owner, nor is it now by me. I will never know what they were like noise wise when new, because I'm the recent second owner of the car. If they were much quieter when new than now, and the PS4S are only a bit noisier, well then I guess that's okay, it's probably as good as I'm going to get noise wise anyway.

The Original Dunlop SP Sport Maxx tyres fitted to the FGX XR8, were only cheap entry level tyres in the Sport Maxx range. A member here said he had the upper level Dunlop SP Sport Maxx 050+ tyres on his car. He said they had great straight line grip, on a car more powerful than mine, but didn't mention if they were noisey or long lasting as far as I recall.

Last edited by Roger1960; 03-06-2020 at 02:24 PM.
Roger1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: