View Single Post
Old 25-03-2020, 06:16 PM   #1447
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Will the Holden brand survive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothefalcon View Post
Ford didn't invent the Ute. There were Utility type vehicles around well before Ford merged the back half of one with the front of a passenger car to create a new style of vehicle.

I've never heard anyone carry on about how a Holden 1tonner wasn't a Ute (or a Commodore 1tonner for that matter)
The Holden HQ-on Coupe Utilities (and vans) shared the full chassis with the 1tonner... which means they share more in common with the original Ford Coupe Utilities than the later monocoque Ford (& others) versions. Does that mean that not having a full chassis = not a "real Ute" too ?

Sure... I prefer the look of a Coupe Utility over a Cab-Chassis/tub style Ute... but I'd still take a late model Ford Ute over a Holden Coupe Utility any day (that's just my preference)

This might be just my opinion... but I won't stop calling a Ute, a "Ute" just because there's a gap between the cab & the tub.

D
That stirred the pot.
The Holden One tonner wasn't a ute it was called the cab chassis one tonner. Yes I know all about full chassis Holden vans, utes and tonners, I owned several. Bloody good commercials they built. Tonner chassis was slightly different to van and ute BTW. slightly altered rails and ribs.

This user likes this post: