Thread: 5000th RAM
View Single Post
Old 31-12-2019, 02:23 PM   #73
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: 5000th RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
True but we will never seen a US spec Ranger in Australia.
Unless this whole US pickup thing kicks off properly then ford will be forced to give Australia what it wants.

As for people saying coils reduce carrying and towing capacity, that’s fine by me. A Ute would be handy for me but I don’t need to carry heavy weight or tow big loads.
I look at the number of utes in my work car park. I know half these people don’t throw 1000kgs in the tray or tow 3500kgs. I’m surprised that the Navara is the only Ute sold in Australia with coils in the rear. Especially since utes seem to be the new default family car.

I actually drove a Ute for the first time today in several months. I forgot how rough the leaf suspension is with no weight on the back.
The point is, for those who do regularly tow big weights, they now have an option which covers all bases with room to move, rather than maxing out on a Thai special.
For those who just want a ute, they can get a ute, those who need 4x4 can get one in 4x4, those who don't can get a 4x2 hi rise for clearance and for those who need all of that plus tow a big float or van, a RAM.

Aren't we blessed.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: