View Single Post
Old 13-10-2015, 09:06 PM   #129
BLUEYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Funny timing this thread popping up.

I started a new job in IT about a month ago and have not been going well. I hate IT work but applied for the job because I was unemployed and because I have just always done IT work.

The job is stressful and the commute is long meaning I am out of the house over 12 hours out of the day. My fitness has gone downhill and I have put on weight. Just last night I woke up at midnight and had a full-blown panic attack because I had to be up at 5.30am and knew I wouldn't be rested enough for the day ahead. I had to call in sick today.

I have had depression in the past but have not been this low in years, if ever.

I am considering quitting this job and going back to studying (haven't done any study in 10 years). However I'm apprehensive about the black mark this would leave on my employment history and also about trying to find a part-time job to support my studies at almost 30 years old. I can't live like this though.

I had a night panic attack. they are so bad that you don't want to go back to sleep. You need to get your health right before studying. You need to keep working as well so maybe find a job that is less stressful first and also get yourself to the doctors to get you on the road to recovery
1995 EF Fairmont - Tickford Enhanced
1980 ZL Fairlane in Brambles red
BLUEYBA is offline   Reply With Quote