View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 12:01 AM   #21
Eurotrash

Default Re: vFacts December 2019

I'm predicting Ford will slip to 6th place overall in 2020, with the Top 5 being all Asian brands. Toyota will keep their Number 1 title, but I think Mazda could be replaced by either Hyundai or Mitsubishi for second.

If the Mazda CX-30 (stupid name) sell's up a storm, then Mazda will keep their Number 2 position, but if it doesn't, I'm expecting Hyundai or Mitsubishi to take their place. Mazda's move upmarket is hurting them. Both the facelifted Mazda 2 and new generation Mazda 3 have seen at least a $4,000 price hike over their predecessors, you now can't buy a Mazda under $20,000 +ORC and together with awkward styling on the Mazda 3 hatch (my opinion), sales are dropping fast.

Mazda, Mitsubishi and Hyundai will battle it out for 2nd, 3rd and 4th, but it'll be Kia that will move up into 5th. Their cars aren't anything special (my opinion) but Australians are happy to buy them and buy them in big numbers they are. The Kia Seltos will be their big mover this year. Personally, I don't like it, have been inside of one and driven one and I don't see the attraction. In 'GT Line' spec it's OK, but the base spec 'S' is just rubbish.

Volkswagen, Nissan and Subaru will hold down 7th, 8th and 9th, while Honda, Mercedes-Benz or even Isuzu could take out 10th. Big call I know with Isuzu, but if the D-Max goes gangbusters, they'll be knocking on the Top 10 door.

Holden will be battling it out for 12th or 13th place and by the end of 2020, GM will have had enough and Holden will be gone.
Eurotrash is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: