View Single Post
Old 29-06-2016, 10:19 PM   #23
Mondaveo

Default Re: Powershift data logs and P0715

Additional thoughts and observations:

The charge for the inspection work was $72.50. It's interesting that I paid over $150 last time when they failed to diagnose why the car stopped, but this time when they have a answer (and after keeping the car for two days) the cost is half that. Maybe they felt bad for me?

When the service manager phoned with the outcome, he seemed prepared to put the case through as a warranty claim (as he started going through available dates to follow up). Only when I asked what kind of cost were we looking at did he utter "Oh, it's not in warranty any more". He then said he'd do up a quote and call Harrier to find out if this was the kind of thing they'd cover, but backtracked on the latter once I mentioned I was second owner. Should've kept my mouth shut?

The service quote appears to list two output shaft sensors, but the TSB points to input sensor. I queried this and it was suggested that the different description may be down to an error in their parts database, but "this was definitely the order list for that TSB". I'm not the expert but somehow I'm not confident?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote