View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 10:09 PM   #72
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Used Dual cab sub $20k budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Yep, this is an auto with DPF, previous owner said he'd only ever seen the light come on once and went out after a highway run.
Service history shows it wasnt a city dweller so id say it had plenty of opportunities to regen.

Plan is to run it on BP ULTIMATE diesel, and give it regular doses of Penrite DPF additive, combined with mainly highway weekend work under load im hoping itll stay clean, although i will pull the intake and EGR for a chemical clean.
Ive already bought a K&N panel filter, fuel filter, cabin filter,10L of Penrite C1 Enviro 5w30, Penrite 10yr yellow coolant, Penrite ATF fluid and Dot4 brake fluid to give it a fresh start, if the DPF blocks i'll delete it and the EGR and have it tuned.

Its got a couple of blemishes which i'll address, headlights need a resto kit run over them and theres 3 small chips on the lower door plastics and a small scratch on the front bar.
Some of the plastics in the luggage compartment are scratched up but the plan is to pull the 3rd row seats out to save unnecessary weight and then fit some drawers with custom filler panels along side and drop down fridge slide which will hide alot.
Just beat on it everywhere - no DPF issues if its red hot all the time
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: