View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 05:47 PM   #174
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
But it wasn't really unforseen was it.
You entered a 6 month lease and got 18 months in all, the property was obviously never meant to be a permanent rental property ongoing.
A landlord cant just give notice, if you have a signed lease for a set period then as a renter you are safe as...houses.
The place I'm in now i've been in for 7 years, the longest i've ever occupied the same place in my life and that includes when I was a kid and the olds owned, go figure.
If I was notified that I needed to leave at the end of my current lease i'd consider the time here done and move on the same as an owner chosing to sell and buy elsewhere only without the agents fee's and associated costs with the new purchase.
Fair call. The land lord bulldozed the place to build a house for himself and found himself out of extra income for a year. I'm currently just satisfied that I'm only tied down by the bank and don't have any other factors that can affect my living arrangement. I personally feel that I have accomplished something jumping on the merry-go-round that is the housing market, had I been shopping today I'd have absolutely no hope of getting what I have. That being said, my house isn't anything special, it has an air conditioner, but it's mine.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote