Thread: Overrated cars
View Single Post
Old 27-05-2020, 02:04 PM   #12
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Overrated cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
This early Bronco is highly regarded in the US. And forms the basis of the new Bronco due next year.

image ,

But this model doesn't get much attention, but imo is the much better design. I really hope for the second generation of new Bronco they base the style on this model.

It's OJ Simpsons car too.

image ,
That Bronco is now on display at a crime museum in Eastern Tennessee.
But 200hp wheezer was never going to get him far.

I can’t say I’ve seen the fuss of the E types styling. I’ve likened it to the late ‘90s Tauraus in that it looks like a piece of plastic that has melted in the sun. From the same era I think the C2 and early chrome bumper ‘68-72 C3 Corvettes are better lookers. Just forget the horrid yank plastic interiors.

As for over rated. Any standard E30 3 Series BMW. I’ve owned a couple and I like them, but struggle to see the value these days. The lesser models have gained value on the back of the desirable & successful M3 and M325/325iS/325 Sport. The standard 325i goes good but most have open diff so that power spins one wheel when it’s most needed. The other engine spec 320i and 318i are asthmatic (to be fair, the 318 wasnt too bad for the 1980s and has gained a bad rep living in the shadow of the 2.5). E30 (and E34) suspension is an archaic set up compared to Mercedes W201 and W124 of the same era.

Also from the same era the build quality of Mercedes from the 1980s w126, 124 and 201 is a bit over rated or exaggerated. Yeah they are solid quality cars and probably the best of the era but interior plastics, vinyls and dash board are a bit mediocre considering the reputation they’ve gained. W126 susceptible to rust. Following models W140 S Class, R129 roadster and W210 E Class are built like brick ****houses in comparison. Better interior build, materials and good rust proofing. Have wrecked a few for parts, the 140 are a mission to pull apart, way over engineered. Too bad plastic cooling system components and enviro friendly wiring harnesses let them down.

70 series land cruiser. Before taking into account the offensive price and engine specs mirroring a 25 year old AU Falcon taxi. Anyone who’s had the misfortune to drive & live with one will know. If not they’re in denial.
smoo is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: