View Single Post
Old 08-04-2024, 10:27 PM   #1896
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Gday gt, wondering if can help out? My uncle has an sz diesel territory. Not sure what year but definitely sz and not szii.

He's just had it towed back ftom interstate with a "broken" diff. Not sure what the actual issue is, but the dealer says a new one from Ford is worth $6k. Given my uncle has just traded the car in on a new everest, he's not keen to spend that money on a car that he's not going to be the owner of for much longer.

So, are Ford diffs still available? Does $6k sound reasonable? Any suggestions of alternatives to a new one, ie reconditioned and idea on cost?

Appreciate any assistance you can offer.
Hi mate,

First of all, need a lot more informtion to give you a more accurate response.

I assume you are talking rear diff. Is it RWD or AWD?

Yes they are around $6000 for the whole assembly, how ever need more specifics to get accurate price.

You will also need to work out what they mean by "broken" such a braod term. If you can find out exactly whats wrong, you may be able to have it rebuilt with just new components.

If you can find all that out, we can try and get the best option for you.

GT
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: