Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 24-03-2020, 02:13 PM   #484
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Even if the kids have to resit the year over again is it that much of a big deal from an education perspective? They'll be 19 coming out of Year 12.

They've got circa 45 years at work ahead of them, the year isn't going to make a huge difference, if they go to uni heaps do a 'gap year'/travel anyway.
I said the same thing 2 days ago Franco, in my day you did yr12 at 17, today they're 18 and if we lost a year they'd be 19, its not the end of the world, in fact it would have its benefits in so many ways, those who would graduate this year wont be competing with those of us looking for work when this ends, kids who struggle doing yr8 at 13 will have another year of maturity under their belts, its hard to find a negative, my own Son thinks it would be awesome as he'd have 2 years of driving himself to school as opposed to the 1 year he'll have now.
If keeping things as they are had any gauranteed positive other than acting as creches for a fraction of the families id say fair enough, but I don't see it.

If you want my honest opinion it has nothing to do with healthcare workers or kids in shopping centres, I think the fact that private schools had no issue closing and transitioning to online systems is telling, I think its a case of trying to do the same with state schools would highlight the inequalities and deficiencies within the state system and that's something they don't want exposed.

Last edited by BENT_8; 24-03-2020 at 02:22 PM.
This user likes this post: