View Single Post
Old 16-03-2020, 07:56 PM   #89
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Unhappy Re: Marriage - Bliss or Prison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Will never happen, would only take a judge to be under pressure to award custody to a Father in the name of equality and that father to then do something stupid and the axe would fall, no ones putting their reputation or career on the line for that where kids are involved.
It would be naïve to think the majority of cases are settled in favour of the Mother because she's the better option, i'd say its more a case of err on the side of caution.
There was a case last year where a judge was made to apologise to a mother for ordering the removal of the children from her care and placing them in the care of the estranged father.

Yet, thousands of mothers forcibly remove the children from their fathers and the courts turn a blind eye. Where are their apologies?

Then there was my case late last year:

Judge: "I could award you more time with your child but your partner will have grounds to object and she will win. You see, not a lot of other judges like my rulings, they say God, what is (Last name of judge) up to now? and over rule my decisions"

Then he continued.. "There is an opinion amongst some that children are best with the mother, certainly your child is more attached with the mother so I will suggest XXX days / nights a fortnight and I want you to return in March".

The other side objected - they saw the judge was easily swayed so suggested half of his low ball offer again.

Judge snapped back - he is obviously a capable father who is very able to care for the child in question, so I'll stick to my suggestion (that was 1/3 of my request in my application).

So, they were made into 'consent orders'. Interesting term seeing I had no option to agree or they would have been made if I liked it or not.

On the way out the judge saw the look on my face and said "You are lucky you had me as a judge, anyone else would have given you FAR LESS" (and he is right).

Fast forward 2 months. I stop work, partner goes to work full time. I'm full time carer of the child in question. I take her (partner) back in because I'm concerned for my daughter and it's the only way I can keep an eye on her and care for her.

(Something I'm apparently not able to do due to my gender and the age of our child)...

Orders not followed for 3 months. The abuse continues, threats against me continue. Mistreatment of our daughter continues.

She has taken off with our child once because I didn't put my plate in the sink.

I took my other daughter out last week to watch a show so my punishment was that she moved back in with the ex and stayed there a few nights.

And there is not a thing I can do to stop her - in fact, she proudly boasts that the judge lets her do what she wants and waves the 'consent orders' in my face if I ever protest or object to this behavior.

As I said - courts and judges are so against good fathers its beyond a joke.

And I'm considered 'lucky'...

Lets just hope for once justice prevails in the coming weeks and months because there is only so much one can take.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: