View Single Post
Old 16-02-2006, 04:19 PM   #30
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Good work ... the cycling to work would have really increased the weight loss for sure ... although making leg muscles larger at the same time too ... hee hee
Actually i've been keeping measurement on that - and while not a huge change, I have lost 2 inches of both thighs a the widest point, while gained just under .5 inches just above the knee. Also of interesting point, the widest point location has moved slightly lower on the thigh too.

I'm able to do this by effectively doing endurance training - which is high (85+) cadence (rpm). My legs are now strong enough to turn the largest crank (thats the big ring at the front) and about 3 short of the smallest cog at about 80rpm. This ends up equating to about 41km/h... which is great

I'm still losing weight - at a more rapid rate now too. So while I am no longer focusing on weight loss as part of this exercise - mainly muscle tone and bulk (reduce it on the legs by high cadence work) and gain a bit on the top with some basic weights work, and balance work to improve core body strength.

Who knows, 12 months time I could be 79kg - could be 89kg... we'll see how this goes all goes...