View Single Post
Old 26-03-2020, 09:17 PM   #75
MercuryT
Banned

Default Re: The Best Falcon model

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Im pretty sure we only got later cortinas in a 4 door. The mark 1s there was the 2 door, the 2 door gt and the lotus in a 2 door. Other then that now i may be completely incorrect, but i think the later 2 doors were private imports. So yeah, pretty cool and desirable. Mainly because we didnt get them. Probably mainly 4 bangers, imports wouldnt have had the 250 crossflow as the local high end ones had. The only cortina i have driven was a 78 with the 250 crossflow. No power steering, no worries. It went pretty good untill i realised it had no power assisted brakes. The accelerator was easy to push, the brake pedal definately needed a bit more weight and effort to bring that thing to a stop.
Thank you for such an informative and interesting reply.

As previous i know nothing about old Ford's (outside the GTHO which I loved when younger) but these Cortinas no idea!

You clearly know all about it and I'll try and get a pic. I simply don't know how on here but I'll upload when I can.

I've been told claims Gov benefits, but restores cars for good cash on top - he has done heaps of cars (all Fords....but don't quote me)
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote