View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 09:22 PM   #63
Spurious

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoFG View Post
Why is it that I can be gaining on a car for say 5 minutes, but as soon as I catch them they increase their speed by 10% ?

The effect is even greater if an overtaking lane becomes available.
This is exactly why I look for that type of behaviour on the road. If I catch someone who does this once, only once will I allow it to hold me up.
I consciously look for this behaviour if I'm heading to Launceston from Ulverstone or further, about 120klm drive.

My trick then is to drop back a short distance so I appear "not to be a threat", & when I know there's an overtaking opportunity coming in the next few k's, I'll bide my time....gradually get closer again... & then POUNCE!!!

The problem that my actions create though is that then I become "their challenge". Often they'll catch me again in 10 to 15 k's, tailgate me & pass me again. At some point you just have to be the bigger man & let them go.
Chances are there's someone following them too just waiting for a chance to show the world that THEY can get in the lead. LOL...let'em go.

I try not to be competitive, I really do try, but if you subconsciously lay down that type of challenge, or you're are simply not paying attention to what you're doing, then I might as well open up 6000rpm of 4.0L fuel injected grunt & leave you in my wake sucking cat' fumes!!!

Why is it I do this....'CAUSE IT'S DAMN FUN!!!
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: