View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 06:35 PM   #20
Grega

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

its good to see people openly talking about this stuff. my parents are english and i am the anti christ because mental health issues don't exist. sorry for the generalisation there, i know some poms are nothing like that, but, thats the way they roll.

avoid facebook where possible. if you use it ; use it for good ; like xk,xl,xm,xp falcons australia. get rid of people off it and avoid it. social conditioning.

1 in 5 people suffer from mental illness. i am one of those 1. so much so i just returned home from my councilor ironically, and noticed this post.

medications are there for a purpose. they help with symptoms. they do not fix the root cause. visiting a psych will help bring the root cause to the surface to talk thru. the meds will help you deal with the symptoms. i saw my psych two thursdays ago and i was extremely low on the friday. she hit a nerve with me.

to start with if you have these issues ; beyondblue is a good first port of call - otherwise your GP is a good starting point for a referral. do not get to your wits end and end up in the psych ward (experience talking) because life gets on top of you. **** goes on in life which ****s with (my) head which i cannot even comprehend these days, can't figure it out on my own. like they say a problem shared is a problem halved - talk to close people you know you can trust - and go from there.

i hope this helps the OP and all the best in your journey. need to talk - get on here and start talking. otherwise PMs are good.

remember the stats. 1 in 5 people suffer from mental health issues. by the way - 2 in 5 suffer from depression and/or anxiety. this is as a result of society failing - and not you individually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damoose
You like it so much now the tig trolley is green..
Grega is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: