View Single Post
Old 19-05-2020, 07:11 PM   #11
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Default Re: Building a kit guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzis3 View Post
Fender wide range humbuckers are no longer available. The originals used an alloy which is basically unobtainable now. The repros all use common alloys now and don't sound exactly the same. They are a different size to paf copies, bigger, and won't fit in gibson routes. They are basically 2 fender single coils in a bucker package.

The GFs are about the cheapest copies you will find anywhere. I've not heard any comparisons that are good enough to tell what they sound like. GF have a generally ok reputation though...

I notice the kit pic has a stop tail and yours has a jazz style tail ? Was that a special order or have they changed the kit ?
I didn't notice the change in kit, well spotted! I suspect it may have been changed from the tailpiece to the Gibson style, as the tailpiece doesn't fit out of the box. Because of the offset shape of the body, the tailpiece points the strings towards the lower horn. The supplied tailpiece is designed for a symmetrical body.

I see on the new picture, the output jack has moved as well.

2016 Ford Falcon FG/X XR6 Turbo you beaut ute
1985 XR4Ti Sierra - Build Thread
1971 Fairlane 500
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them
Captain Stubing is offline   Reply With Quote