View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 11:32 PM   #41
SLY LS1
347ci Mazda RX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8capri
I have filled in the survey before reading all these posts. sounds like they are still not really interested in pure drag cars, which is a pity, I was going to dust off the capri !
It is fine to say nice and relaxed like heathcote, however It really has to have a good safety system and scrutineering safety checks on the cars. As much as I hated it, that was a good thing with Andra. ( before they became a money hungry company !!)
I know people are going to disagree with me, but it is the big drag cars ( not mine ) that bring in the real crowds. This in turn brings BJ in his much needed $$
I to like most other people would luv to see the top fuelers etc etc back at Calder, but that's up to the powers that be...

Here is the AMC Mission Statement which should explain a little what the future is for Calder Park & Virginia Raceway

Quote:
As of 1st July 2007 all of Calder Park Raceway's activities and dealings operate under the auspices of the Australian Motorsport Club Limited (AMC)

AMC - Our Mission Statement

To expand and promote The Home of Australian Motorsport (AMC) at Calder Park Raceway and Virginia Raceway as versatile entertainment venues. To provide a venue for community events at little or no cost and, through activities to be conducted at AMC Calder Park, to raise funds for community projects and other charities. To continue to promote Legal Off Street Drag Racing at a low cost. This activity has been promoted for 27 years without a single injury to any competitor. AMC will continually strive to develop this major activity as an alternative to racing on the public roads of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, and lead the world in promoting and providing an outlet for young drivers who have the urge for speed!

To promote the AMC venues for Motorsport Club racing and ensure that the spectacle of motor racing - the noise, smell, colour, people and speed - can grow again and provide excitement and entertainment for competitors and fans alike, with the highest regard for the safety of all motoring enthusiasts, with the same low cost objective.

To provide a safe venue for 4WD and Motocross activities for young people to train and contest events, thus keeping young riders away from farms, recreation areas and the streets of Victoria, assisting Local Governments and Police to curb this dangerous anti-social behaviour.

To provide a racing facility and promote training for bicycle clubs and community groups in a safe and friendly environment for families, friends and bicycle enthusiasts, mindful of the dangers facing bike riding on our roads.
SLY LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote