View Single Post
Old 14-08-2015, 09:03 PM   #1446
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys View Post
Cant totally agree with this.

300 calories one week and so on; thats 1200 calories over 4 weeks, which is a lot. In a short time. 500 calories once for at least a month + training. There is bound to be weight loss. Someone wanting to lose excess weight will lose 50% of it quite quickly by ensuring around 3lt of water per day, exercise and dropping their caloric amount by 500. You can east $##t all day, as long as the caloric amount of that food is 500 less than their maintenance level, they will lose weight. People will lose fluid weight; which generally works hand in hand with eating cleaner food i.e. less sodium = less fluid retention, but people want to lose body fat %, not to be confused with scale weight.

Therefore, portion size does not matter. Total calories in VS calories out (energy used in the day). Low calorie meals can be made up but also equal large quantity i.e. 6 eggs, 200g salmon and a piece of toast (from memory when i did my last cut) was a lower calorie meal than 250g chicken breast with 150g sweet potato and whatever else i was having with it. Dont over complicate calories consumed vs calories burned.

The slower the rate you lose weight the quicker your metabolism will become for a longer period, thus keeping the weight off longer.

Carbs are not bad. This is a myth. Foods which are generally high in complex carbs are processed wheaty processed foods. Its like saying all German's are Nazi's.

Agreed.
I said reduce by 300 calories for 10 days, that's 1200 calories over 40 days. Off course exercise volume will also come into it but my comments above were not based on bodybuilders it was for the person who changes nothing except diet and for these people portion size does matter.

And I didn't say all carbs are bad, complex in controlled amounts are fine, simple carbs have a role as well but in small doses. What is bad is uncontrolled amounts in huge portions.