View Single Post
Old 23-08-2023, 12:01 PM   #1
mitch

Talking Great experience from ASLautomedia

Morning everyone.
I recently had an issue with the Head Unit in my 2016 XLT Ranger. My wife and I heard some loud popping sounds come through the radio speakers while getting a takeaway coffee one morning. I had had my window down while it was raining and i thought water may have started shorting out my door speakers. Next day i could not get any radio stations and no bluetooth audio. After a bit of Google investigation, i assumed that the ACM for the Head Unit was fried. I booked the ute into a dealer south of Perth, after having no radio for 7 days and explained what happened, and my thoughts on what the diagnosis could possibly be. I told them that i had done a master reset on the Head Unit and a hard reset by disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes. I offered that the ACM may be kaput to the techie i was talking to in the workshop.
$370 later and a full day they said that they reset the Head Unit and it was good to go, but if it stops working again they would need to replace the ACM for a further $1900. Okaayyy???
Sure enough 10 minutes down the road loud popping and cracking and no more audio.
I did some more internet surfing and found ASLautomedia could do a service exchange ACM for the ute for $600. I put in an order, the ACM turned up in 2 days, i installed it myself (easy plug and play). Returned the failed ACM by prepaid Post and had my holding deposit back in the bank within 4-5 days.
This has been one of the best and easiest online transactions i have been involved with.
My head Unit now works perfectly and a bonus is the irritating door chimes are no longer there. Credit where credit is due.
Awesome experience ASLautomedia, i highly recommend them
mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: