View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 10:46 PM   #1530
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

I'm going to chime into this thread.

Lost 13kg in 5 weeks. Was 86kg, now 73kg and 170cm tall - 37 years old. If the BMI calculator is anything to go by I need to get to around 69-70kg to be at the upper limit of 'normal'.

BTW - last time I weighed 70kg was in my very early 20's..

So, how did I do it??? I did a little research and made up the below diet. I went 'cold turkey' and drastically cut my calorie intake to around 1000 calories a day.

Prior to that I had no problems downing 3000+ calories a day and surprised many by how I could 'maintain my weight' whilst feeding a seemingly bottomless pit!

Here is my diet:

To clarify a few things:

* Greek Yoghurt is the low fat type and bought in a large tub and portioned out,
* My coffee is white with 2 sugars,
* Microwave snack is any of the Weight Watchers or Aldi branded frozen meals,
* Mixed veggies are plain boiled with a little salt,
* Salad sanger is any 2 slices of bread or wrap + lettuce + tomato + carrot with margarine.
* My shake is my own concoction consisting of:
- 2 heaped table spoons of meal replacement shake powder (Fat blaster / Rapid Loss / Slim Right etc).
- 2 heaped teaspoons of LSA mix
- 2 heaps teaspoons of psyllium husks
- 250ml semi-skim milk and 100ml water
Drink fast then fill container with another 150ml water and rinse it out down your gob.

I just bought whatever powder was on special at the time.

I'm not a dietician and I know that the above diet is probably lacking nutritionally in many areas but the aim was to try and reduce intake whilst maintaining some sort of balance of what should be going into my mouth.

With this I also added a lot of exercise:

Morning routine: Pushups, squats, sit ups, calf raises (as many as I could do).

Evening routine: Jog around the block (1.1km) and keep track of time. Then have dinner and go for a 1-1.5hr walk.

On weekends I do a 3-5hr hike as well as a 1hr high intensity 'boot camp' style workout.

I estimated that my exercise regime burned around 600-800 calories alone and apparently I need around 1700 calories a day to 'function' so I was using much more than I was consuming.

NO beer, NO soft drink, NO fast food, NO chocolate, NO fruit juices.

The first week was excruciating - headaches, dizzy spells, nausea, lethargy and mass cravings.

After 2 weeks I was getting used to the reduced intake and no longer craved additional food.

After 3 weeks I had noticed that my jogging times had slowly dropped and the qty or morning exercise was going up.

After 4 weeks I needed to start buying / adjusting many of my clothes.

After 5 weeks I have realised that I now have a TON of $ left in my bank account

I have had several 'cheat meals' along the way and while my weight may spike up slightly the downward spiral is continuing. If you get invited out for a feed with mates or visit your parents you don't need to make it obvious that you are dieting, just watch portion size and pace yourself.

Drinking lots of water and getting to bed a little earlier is also doing wonders.

Will be stoked if I can get to 70kg in the next week or 2. Once I'm there I can continue to maintain my weight and start to eat a little more normally.

Hope that is of some use to others!

Jason

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote