View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 11:23 PM   #17
XFISH98

Default Re: AIR HORN will not work...........in my letterbox

Have you tried having a civil chat with them?

Yes, we have. While digging the trench to my letterbox ( over 3 weeks ago ), I had 3 different people attend my letterbox and kindly asked them to read the 'no junk mail' sign on my letterbox, and since then......I have had not received any junkmail to speak of. So, honestly, the problem may have already been resolved. Though, .......that dosent mean there's no chance of it happening again. In the last 6 months............if the postman dosent push my mail into the letterbox, and it hangs out the front of the letterbox, I've had 2 people approach my letterbox to pull this mail outwards, and I have come out running and they were quick to disappear. My neighbourhood isnt a bad neighbourhood rally..but all my neighbours have all complained of having mail stolen. Also, with the horn, I ran wires for 3 other harness's for 3 camera's. One for in the letterbox, with motion sensor.......and one for each 30 foot tree on my front fenceline - looking directly at the letterbox to capture any thieves. So as of now, I can get a sensor trigger on my phone for when mail has arrived. Is this set- up over the top.......absolutely 100%. I've already had 2 neighbours request i do the same for them...... and the horn isnt directly there to scare the undesirable person away. It's to alert the neigbours of a possible thief in the area if blown. We all are not home at the same time......but we help each other when can.........apart from my neighbour 3 doors up whom was taken away by the police 3 days ago.
XFISH98 is offline   Reply With Quote