View Single Post
Old 23-11-2023, 06:43 PM   #9
~Sneaky~
Starter Motor

Default Re: 2011 Auto LW Trend air con passenger side only

Quote:
Originally Posted by marg99 View Post
if the problem also exists with hot air its most likely the small motor that opens and closes the doors inside the unit
Usually they make a bit of noise when they cease to engage the cogs
I have removed the front dash radio and air con control area and I did notice that the two wheels above the left right outlets were not connected, don't know why and I always wondered why they did nothing, now I know why. They manually controlled the open-close features through each of those vents, but this did not fix the issue, with both open the passenger is the only side that gets cold air, the driver's side does not :(

I am still looking for other toggles, brackets, motors or swing doors to see what else there is.

I don't want to dismantle much more of the dash. So if you have another suggestion please let me know.

Does the heater matrix have any impact on it? I ask as I had to replace the O-rings and clips for the pipes that go into and out of the heater matrix. Instead of the clips I used heater hoses over the pipes in place of the clips for it to be a more permanent fix. This was done without removing the matrix at all. So I am not sure that is the issue, as I said I did not move the matrix itself, only the pipes when removing and adding new o-rings and the heater hoses.

Unfortunately, I do not recall if the drivers side got cold air before then, as it was winter and had not yet used it.

I am now on a hunt for a possible 3rd swing type door, but I don't know where that is :(

Cheers
~Sneaky~ is offline   Reply With Quote