View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 04:50 PM   #2291
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Did some i suppose you could call wood working today. Measure and cut sort of stuff. The trusty old black and decker workmate 200 portable workbench, the 30 odd year old particle board bench tops were shot. My grandpa passed that down to me years ago and it sat in my car hold for years as i had no use. But i did find a use a few years back and it has been well used. So clamping firewood to cut it.
But the tops were shot. So the 20mm thick, 150mm wide, 900mm long particle board tops i replaced with 40mm thick, 200mm wide, 1200mm long boards of treated pine. I did need to cut out 2 150mm x 70mm notches for the clamp handles. And it does need a bit more of a sand as the paper on my electric sander i need more of. But deffinately got a new lease on life. And i only had to cut once. But i am pretty good at eyeing things off and then measuring. Its a bit heavier then before so maybe not as portable. But with both ends wound together it goes from a vice to a usable bench top 400 wide and 1200 long.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: