View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 08:28 PM   #1336
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
In relation to the push up challenge posted by Foxtrot, I am thinking of giving this a go for 1 month. Both to help with concentrating on something mentally, but also for helping to love a little fat and hopefully tone up the arms and chest.

http://igorvoitenko.com/bring-sally-...ab/293272411-1
I can't open that link on the work computer as it's hosted in the Russian Federation. I hope that it's a serious site and not tongue-in-cheek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
You had me at fried chicken

But I want to do this kind of challenge for a month to prove to myself I can do it.
Good on you, mate. I've been feeling a bit flat today. Only thing I can put it down to is that I haven't been able to exercise (walk or run) for the last few days because of the terrible weather we've been having. Although I have been keeping up with the pushups and/or alternates (lunges, situps, squats) I used to hate exercise, especially running. But now that I've got into it, I really miss it when I don't get a chance to get out. You never know, you might just find that you love it, too.

Here's today's mental health fact:

Support the new mums (and Dads) out there
Day 12 – 143 push-ups
Post-Natal: Today’s target is 143 push-ups. This represents the approximately 14.3% of Australian mothers who will experience post-natal depression. That’s one in seven.

Symptoms of post-natal depression can include: low mood, feeling inadequate or a failure as a mother, feeling overwhelmed or scared, getting unusually irritable, blaming yourself excessively, and not feeling able to look forward to things. Post-natal depression is also common in men - up to one in ten will experience it. Post-natal depression can be complicated and it’s worth checking in with a health professional if you are worried.

You can find more information and help here:

https://www.panda.org.au

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: