View Single Post
Old 25-03-2020, 04:17 PM   #607
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Just to clarify i was referring to jobs in Nz every one that had a job gets paid $585 for 12 weeks paid by govt, these jobs are still there just on hold, and yes i imagine there will be companys here that don't make it so some jobs will be lost, but we don't have massive centrelink lines like Oz. Footnote i haven't yet heard of any one being laid off amongst my friends family bar the Govt lockdown period.
All of my guys will be getting the $585, including myself, for the twelve weeks and when we are hopefully back to work in 4 weeks I will be paying the additional to make it back up to their standard wage. Very simple system that looks like it will work well. Yes it is half of what they are earning but if you can't go out you can't spend any money except for the necessities, it will be tight by the time they take out rent and food but it is a liveable amount over here. A lot of the people who lost their jobs are casual in the hospitality industry and tourism which is mainly seasonal anyway. I also haven't heard of any firms, admittedly mainly construction, that have laid off anyone.
3 users like this post: