Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 26-03-2020, 07:41 AM   #641
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Covid 19 -

I don't get why Safeway/Coles have tried to stop online orders, If I was our benevolent dictator at our supermarkets I would do the following:

Have 'oldies hour(s)' where you just open the shops for our elderly and their carers.

Then close the joint up and focus on pushing everyone to online/phone ordering, everyone pays CC over phone or via e-commerce systems.

Then all your existing staff can work on picking, packing and drivers delivering door to door without having to man registers or have the issues of emotionally charged customers all over the joint.

You could run the joint 24/7, you don't have to put so much effort into keeping stock on the shelves, the stores are responsible for deliveries to their regions.

You'd be more efficient at getting goods to customers that way and you aren't exposing your staff to COVID-19.

At work if you call me from Melbourne Metro, from the time of that phone call to 3 hours later you can have your order in your hands, I don't see why companies with the huge resources of Safeway/Coles can't do this.

By far the least efficient customers I deal with at work are ones who stand in my office in front of me, I can smash out tons of orders if people are emailing or using online ordering rather than coming into my office, I've got a warehouse team, a driver and many couriers and freight companies at my disposal.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 26-03-2020 at 07:58 AM.
5 users like this post: