View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 09:59 PM   #68
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaidecrows02
Yes, good point - I had intended to point out that this was for SA only
I did try and research SA legislation but their website is crap, I did however note that for road rules they refer to the Australian Road Rules 2009 and provide a link (which didn't work). So it seems that they use the Australia Road Rules and if this is the case (note I said IF), either the detective is wrong or it was a while ago and the legislation has changed.
Quote:
Don't say that or we'll have laws where we can get busted for taking off "slightly too quickly" even though the police don't have a way to measure it, and neither do us drivers.
Don't look now but there already is and has been for a long time. My brother got done and in the infringement it was worded something to the effect of "excessive acceleration". He revved up his SS ute and dropped the clutch at a set of lights, took off really quick and won the traffic light drags (even though the car next him was not actually racing him). The problem was there was an unmarked cop behind him at the time.

Last edited by geckoGT; 09-11-2010 at 10:10 PM.