View Single Post
Old 17-01-2021, 03:37 PM   #6
ozpacman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Motorcycle Riders

Hi Stanza,

I guess it really depends on how broad a role you want the bike to fulfil, i.e, do you want it to commute during the week and then do some serious off-roading on the weekends. The WR is pretty narrow focused and whilst it'd definitely be at home in the dirt, I think you'd quickly tire of it on the commute.

I'm thinking something more dual purpose such as a KLR650 or DR650 might be a better compromise. Both are good bikes on the tar and will still tackle some fire trail style riding with ease.

Your call though and there's plenty of great bikes out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lra View Post
As for a Harley style bike, how much do you love your spine and backside. How these can be tolerated is beyond me …… maybe I am not MAN enough. Uncomfortable is not descriptive.
Absolute rubbish Ira. Have you ever actually ridden a Harley? Didn't think so, or maybe if you did it was a spin around the block on your mate's fully sic rigid open pipes and 20" apehangers.

I own two HD's. A 2000 Road King I've owned for 18 years and an '05 Lowrider that's a much more recent purchase. Have completed numerous 1000km plus days on the Road King and it's now covered 175,000 kms. I've never found it to be uncomfortable.

Did a 400km run on the Lowrider yesterday with no adverse effects. I turned 60 last year so am not talking with youthful exuberance here.

Cheers, Russ.

Last edited by ozpacman; 17-01-2021 at 04:06 PM.
ozpacman is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: