View Single Post
Old 20-02-2023, 07:11 PM   #78
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: The Thailand Special Thread - New Developments/News

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
The good old ute. I reckon the days are numbered in commercial use. Most real trades are moving up to 2-3T trucks now. I note service/building company policies are changing on "chain of responsibility " forcing them to buy bigger more appropriate trucks to legally carry loads required to do the work.

Interesting quote.......

Additionally, with health and safety always in mind—not only due to COVID-19, but also complying with Chain of Responsibility (CoR) obligations—it’s worth looking at whether your work vehicle continues to hit the mark in terms of payload capacity, reliability and efficiency.

Payload

No matter what your trade or service, payload will be at the top of your considerations, from both a practical and safety point of view.

Light trucks, in some cases, are as compact and easily maneuverable as utes, and are specifically engineered to handle heavier payloads than their smaller cousins. This makes trucks a sensible fit for trades and services like last mile delivery, house repairs and maintenance, construction, landscaping and excavation.

A truck with payload to spare can provide extra peace of mind, ensuring compliance with CoR obligations, and minimising the risks of potentially overloading your vehicle.

Which brings us to…

Towing capacity

Comparing the different types of commercial vehicles in the light duty space, the GCM of a light truck (starting at 8,000 kg GCM) typically outweighs that of utes or vans, helping to avoid any banana-bend situations arising from overloading the chassis.

There's a new reviewer in town who used to work for one of the bigger mobs and has gone out on his own solo as a journalist, since he's new, he responds to youtube comments.

His first review was the mighty VDJ79 Land Cruiser ute, you know the one that costs an arm and a leg, has a boat anchor 4.5L V8 making 1970s power and torque figures and costs 6 figures?

I watched his review, then commented he should compare the VDJ79 to one of the Jap light trucks you can drive on a car licence, and he responded saying thats a great idea and he will try get his hands on a press vehicle from Isuzu but its low priority at the moment.

Anyway all the VDJ79 heroes come out the woodwork claiming that they ride like ****, not like the VDJ79 is known for it grand tourer ride

The fact that someone even dared try compare the VDJ79 to the Isuzu N series was so preposterous that the heroes got on the offensive

I suggest all these butthurt princesses who complain about how an Isuzu N series rides compared to their beloved VDJ79 should invest in one of those donut pillows for their poor behinds.

There's no one doing reviews of those light trucks and comparing them to the work versions of the Thailand Specials, I think there's a hole in the market there thats being overlooked.

I think most of the appeal of the VDJ79 is that it has an image attached to it of 'gruff hard working Australian man, with his Japanese ute' that they then drive unloaded as their daily driver on the freeway and it doesn't as much as see a dirt road

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 20-02-2023 at 07:17 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: