View Single Post
Old 20-02-2023, 06:42 PM   #73
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: The Thailand Special Thread - New Developments/News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Well I guess we can chuck this in here

I don't mind a basic ****box, at the end of the day you do need some vehicle which is designed for work (single cab Thailand Special).

Plus towing a trailer around is a pain in the *** I reckon, ever since I got a single cab ute we hardly use the 6x4 trailer anymore.

Tip run - ute
Bunnings run - ute
The good old ute. I reckon the days are numbered in commercial use. Most real trades are moving up to 2-3T trucks now. I note service/building company policies are changing on "chain of responsibility " forcing them to buy bigger more appropriate trucks to legally carry loads required to do the work.

Interesting quote.......

Additionally, with health and safety always in mind—not only due to COVID-19, but also complying with Chain of Responsibility (CoR) obligations—it’s worth looking at whether your work vehicle continues to hit the mark in terms of payload capacity, reliability and efficiency.

Payload

No matter what your trade or service, payload will be at the top of your considerations, from both a practical and safety point of view.

Light trucks, in some cases, are as compact and easily maneuverable as utes, and are specifically engineered to handle heavier payloads than their smaller cousins. This makes trucks a sensible fit for trades and services like last mile delivery, house repairs and maintenance, construction, landscaping and excavation.

A truck with payload to spare can provide extra peace of mind, ensuring compliance with CoR obligations, and minimising the risks of potentially overloading your vehicle.

Which brings us to…

Towing capacity

Comparing the different types of commercial vehicles in the light duty space, the GCM of a light truck (starting at 8,000 kg GCM) typically outweighs that of utes or vans, helping to avoid any banana-bend situations arising from overloading the chassis.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: