View Single Post
Old 22-10-2016, 01:07 AM   #22
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Where are all the Falcon/ Fairlane Prototype pics

Some of those images were published back in the day in the mainstream motoring magazines like Motor Manual, Wheels, (and the later Car Australia). I do recall a fair few pics on the EF at the time, as I was working for a company that was a subtier to Ford during that period, and we were sent a lot of marketing literature, including cut-down versions of the road tests in popular motoring magazines (back when marketing/promotions gave out lots of freebies to suppliers). Shame I never got to grab the ED XR6/8 Sprint "with wings" dealer style poster that was stashed in the clean-room when the EF posters arrived (which were subsequently replaced with AU ones....) but I digress...

Has there ever been a decent book released on the development of the Falcon over the years, that includes photos/drawings of concepts?

The Pedr & Tony Davis book "Project VN" goes into extensive detail about the development of the VN, and explores a lot of the concepts:

The other one that's pretty good like that is "Billion Dollar Baby" on the VE.

Just wondering if there's a decent Ford one covering the Falcon - across all 56 years (or even 40 or 30 years of it).

Some of the development history of the Falcon was well ahead of other manufacturers - yet people just don't know about it, or the story has never been told. Look at the aero work they did with the angle of the cooler in the front of the EF - achieving a much greater efficiency than just stacking them all vertically. And when the EF seats were released, they were so highly praised by the media for having so many adjustments to cater to all. We take those 10-way adjustments for granted these days!
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote