Thread: TDCI Focus
View Single Post
Old 25-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #330
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: TDCI Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodiesel
Well the downpipe and cat are now done and are free-flowing.

First impressions:
The car wasn't loud enough with the stock cat and straight pipe but I can safely say that is no longer a problem. With all the whistling and air blowing it sort of sounds like I'm driving Darth Vader on steroids

Can't really test the performance much in this rain but it feels even more responsive and torquey than before.
How much did it cost?

I find the turbo in my car very quiet, sometimes you can hear it with the window down and giving it a bit of curry, slight whoosing noise.

Also does anyone think the OEM goodyear NCT 5 tyres are completely rubbish? They don't grip real well and they squeal fairly easily. Not only that but it doesn't take much to spin them, even in torque limited 1st gear, taking off with 1/4 throttle will see the front right spin.

Also I'm finding the brakes on my car, they're not too great, you push the pedal down, get the whole leaning forward in your seat thing, but you don't come to a stop quickly, it seems to nose dive but not really stop, I guess it could also be the tyres affecting braking distance too. My WS Fiesta stops much better, but that might be because its a very light car.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote