Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 11:35 PM   #759
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
Anybody out there know much about fixin'..... On Monday I was three quarters finished cutting me Ponderosa when my trusty MTD side throw just stopped mid cut . Thought it was out of fuel because it spluttered briefly ..Nup ..still had a nice bit .. blocked maybe ..Nup ..Plug was wet and fuel line full and primer working normally .. Plug maybe ..Nup .. I took the plug out which looked fine and even put it in my other MTD and fired and ran beaut . Coil maybe ...so I pulled the shroud and starter off and got the multi meter out ..seemed to test like it should after watching a instruction video on that .. A mystery ... She does seem to lack a bit of compression though.

Could it possibly be a stuck or stuffed valve as a friend at work suggested ..

What do you guys reckon ?.. She's about 11 years old and done a lot of heavy mowing . As MTD go it's been a good one til now with a Briggsy 158 cc engine . Any other possibilities why she just stopped suddenly . Any thoughts appreciated greatly as always.. Cheers ...
Might have stripped the keyway in the flywheel,although that wouldn’t affect the compression
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: