View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 07:26 PM   #64
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylox
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After an indepth Chat with Lachlan From Chiptorque today he got the impression that this problem was a 80% chance of being Aggressive Torque reduction maping. He said he has seen the same thing in auto gen3 commo's but not before in an Au.
Never the less he said he is going to dig into the Au they have there and a document that he recently recieved. And translate the codes for Torque reduction. Then give me a call in a couple of weeks for me to come up so he can hook his ecu tools up to the ecu and take my ute for a drive to read what the ecu is doing. Then its back into the Dyno room to shut the Torque reduction maps off completely through the J3 chip i already have installed and re-test drive it to see if the problem is gone.
He said hands down with 3.9's you should have major traction issues when you stand on it. And there is some thing majorly wrong for my times to of stayed the same like they are. At the least they should of been around 1-2 tenths lower....

Its a slow process but hopefully i can get this gremlin killed asap. And get back to the track....

Also my brakes are booked in to come off and be re-fitted on saturday to erase that posibility also.
Thats good news, good to see a business that is actually inerested in fixing the problem, out of curisoty what was the fuel consumption like pre- and post chip?

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote