Thread: The "ve" Thread
View Single Post
Old 25-08-2006, 05:08 PM   #45
Stoney!
Happy Volkswagen owner

Ive been a commodore lover ever since owning the VX SV6 after that dog of BA I had, but I will admit the **** poor effort they made on the V6 models in the VE.

The 3.6 was never a good idea, holden said the reason why they didn't opt for smaller "fuel saving" version of the alloytech in the VE was because the engine struggles and most of the time isn't more economical, well its the same with the 3.6.

Holden now I think have realised they have ade a mistake and in a recent article they subtley mentioned that while the alloytec is made in 2.8, 3.2 and 3.6 it is also designed to easily be made in a 3.8 and 4.0 versions. So after the reviews I don't think it will be to far fetched to say we'll see a3.8 or 4.0 in the VE II or VF and deffinatly a dirct injection version soon enough.

the 4 speeder id say will be gone by series II if not at least an option of the 5 speeder but its hard to say, i think in eries 2 their will be a complete re-jigg of standard an optional gearboxes accross the range.

Im very happy with the car holden have offered, mind u a few ubtle stylig tweaks wouldn't go astray, but the main thim im annoyed about is what they offer, there is not enough versatility in each model, such as to manual on base model, not 5 or 6 speed option (fair enough they are to expensive as standard, but for those who still want them... mind u by the time yoou have optioned it and a couple of other things you could have bought a calais ayway) no V8 model on omega, just little thing like that.

Stoney!
Stoney! is offline   Reply With Quote