View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 09:02 PM   #20
Jay

Hey, thanks for the info guys. it really helps. But now it sounds like i might not be able to afford it on my uni student budget. Escpecially if its gonna guzzle all that fuel driving at 100 km/h with 3000 RPM on the tacho. The car i was looking at was a 92 TX5 Ghia with mags, all elecs, 200k's, manual. But it was definately gonna need a new clutch and timing belt soon. The guy was selling it for $5500 which sounds great but with the work thats gonna have to get done on it. Thats gonna blow the price out another $1200 assuming i can find some one to do the clutch for $350.

Right now i'm driving a 1983 Telstar and it goes great. But the air con broke last year and the clutch on it is about to go. The cars built like a rock. Got about 280k's on it and the engines only got a small leak in the head gasket. I'd just rather get a better car if i'm gonna have to change the clutch.

I guess i'm gonna have to buy something else besides a TX5, unless i get a better job. Any suggestions on a cheaper car??