View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 12:42 AM   #50
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

wow , definatelly chucking this camera , just looking at those pics they are way off , even at the end of the fuel guages and in the redline where it is actually still red , in my pic it looks the same off white color as the rest of it , allthough they are red and the rest is blue , funny how the other red lights came up red though.

I was originally gonna go the dye to , you can get it from Spotlight / in the craft section , is used for DIY lead lighting dying the glass , or for painting house light bulbs for partys . But turned out that the texta worked fine . You would swear looking at it in person that it came out from factory with the blue dash , im very happy.

With the Dash though it was important to get it nice and dark and thick on the globe to get an even glow over the dash , so there was no light and dark spots , i just did 2 coats on each , let them dry a few mins in between each coat as the ink takes a few mins to dry on the glass, try not to toutch the globe after youve done it either, as it is easy to wipe lnk of glass if rubbed hard enough .

On this toipic of lights , i wanna do the t-bar light next , i looked at the AU falcon website in the tech section about removing the console , it didnt mention removing the top of the t-bar handle before lifting the console though , is this required ? , and once lifted is the light attatched to the t-bar mount under the console, or is it actually attatched to the underneath of the console ? , i just dont wanna go ripping the console out and pulling wires out if it is attatched to the bottom/inner of the console. I remember most old setups the light was mounted to the t-bar mount/steel. ???

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote