View Single Post
Old 27-02-2024, 05:05 PM   #55
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: So; do we all feel dirty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
I dont feel bad about my dinosaur burner. I dont drive often and my car is regoed and works. If i smashed the kays weekly and fuel costs became an issue, then maybe i would justify the $ to buy a more efficient car, but i owe no money towards my car and realistically, filling up once every 6 weeks, well no justification to spend heaps on a new car just to also not drive it much. Yes it wasn't my money (fuel card) but my old van I'd have to fill every 2 days. So 45L tank and got about 250kms from that so yeah that was a proper dinosaur burner. The 2.2L ranger i had after that, again work car, that would get about 700km to a tank of diesel but that had an 80 or 85L tank. Fairly similar to the triton i had after that with its 2.4L diesel. But that was working a service job out of a vehicle. In that case yes hybrid powersystems would work, but pure ev nope. In an emergency call out, imagine the customers response to you saying im on my way, just give me an extra 40 minutes as i need to charge the car to 80%... A 5 minute splash and dash you wouldn't even mention.
EV will cover 300 kms easily and you just plug in when you get home. Everyday you start with 300+kms available.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote