View Single Post
Old 17-02-2024, 10:01 PM   #34
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: 'Electronic safety assistance actually makes driving more dangerous' - your thoughts?

I'll just weigh in here that I love the systems on the Teslas. They're not perfect but once you know how they work and under what circumstances to use them, they're great.

Few things that need work for our roads (not limited to Tesla here) is lane Departure correction. Driving trying to avoid a dead roo, the car swerved back into the lane thinking it needed to correct the car. Could still overrule it but it was not expected behaviour. I turn it off on all my cars when driving on highways now.

Problem is the car turns it on again every restart because that is the rules.

ABS is fantastic. I never understand people saying they can out perform ABS which isn't designed to reduce stopping distances anyway. It's designed so you can still turn and control the vehicle rather than going into a skid. It also only turns on when you over brake for the surface. You can avoid triggering ABS but not out brake it because that's not its job.

Traction control and stability control are fantastic driving aids. As is power steering, vacuum assisted brakes... More good than bad out there

Last edited by kypez; 17-02-2024 at 10:16 PM.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote