View Single Post
Old 15-02-2024, 05:21 PM   #43
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Giving way at uncontrolled intersections

Eerr, my key word was domestic street poles, don't think I mentioned the large overhead transmission wires between substations.

After the 2009 bushfires caused by poorly maintained crappy wooden poles falling over into bushland, (where there was no large trees) we had the power companies agreed (well forced to by an inquiry) to start installing most domestic services underground at around the same time NBN was digging up the towns here.
It was also around the same time the $ydney to Melbourne pipeline was being repositioned and upgraded along with ARTC butcher of the rail line.
And this is through mountainous and granite belt country.

As stated before this town is one of the earliest settled inland towns in Vic and most of the power is underground, not that I use it.

These companies agreed to do this stuff, then usually throw their hands in the air and say its all to hard, just like the country telecommunication fiasco inquiry we had after several deaths from no cell service.
Still NOT fixed.

Dear greedy (poor) power companies, stop gambling on the stock market and get out and actually upgrade the network. Yes we know how much profit you made in the last couple of years and its time to re invest in the grids capacity and safety.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote