Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2024, 11:44 PM   #2730
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Default Re: Mowing ..

I'm actually annoyed atm, the HRU216 I picked up the other day had been leftbsitting for that long, if any more gummy garbage had accumulated in the float bowl it would probably have been solid around the float.
Half a can of carby cleaner and some compressed air blown through various ports, and it runs like a dream.
The 214 that was trashed? Bolted on a starter and it runs like a dream! Bit of a shame really to part it out, but theres a 194 here somewhere that has a dead motor, so its time for a heart transplant.
Also picked up a HRU196 today, GXV motor, blade brake, motor locked solid, 3 smashed wheels and the handlebars are bent like you'd never believe, but I got it so cheap it was worth it just for the snorkel kit... pulled the air cleaner lid off and the filter was saturated in oil..... wtf? Pull the plug, yank the string and it spat a couple of tablespoons across the workshop floor..... great..... oh well, see how violently Honda want to violate me on monday, that'll decide if it gets to mow another day.
My gripe is that I've picked up two mowers in maybe a week that wouldve cost $3k to buy new, that have been neglected or abused and then dumped..
WTF is wrong with these people?