Thread: Raptor R V8
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2024, 11:20 PM   #34
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Raptor R V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Or just partner with Herrod, cover it under factory warranty and allow you to order it from the dealership,

Before you even take delivery of the car its off to Herrod for them to work their magic and it's covered under Ford's full factory warranty, you just tick the box and it's all rolled into finance/lease et al like they have with ARB.
Holden dealers did this with VF Commodore.. You could have them add performance packs pre delivery, by the dealer, and have it included on the contract/rolled into the lease/financing. Main difference between that and your idea is that the drivetrain warranty was covered by Walkinshaw (who was the main one) or Tekno (ther other option at the time) with holden warranting the remainder of the vehicle like normal. Could also do suspension, wheels and some interior stuff.

When I bought my redline in 2017 I looked into it.. Walkinshaw started with Exhaust/Intake/Tune to that you could add cam, supercharger (with or without the cam) up to 547kw. I didnt bother a I had a workshop in mind to use that I think was better but apparently it was popular.... ANd a decent idea for someone who wants some more grunt but needs to lease/doesnt want to deal with it himself....

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote