Thread: Radio control
View Single Post
Old 21-01-2024, 04:43 PM   #425
.:4:.
Kicking back

Cool Re: Radio control

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
First run on the track with the new shell, and of course i nose dive end over end and smash the grill.
No matter, pulled the one from my old shell and swap it over. One of the holes where it mounts through the shell is elongated but some gorilla tape on the inside of the shell it should hold.
Eh, if an rc car stays completely mint, you aren't giving it enough.
That was the funny thing when my son wouldnt bring out his bigfoot. He much preffered beating on my cars as i didn't care about wear and tear or breakage, provided it wasnt intentional damage. So i bought him a new body for his car as a spare. He did then bring out his bigfoot with the old 'beaten up' body on it. Nothing more then a few scrapes on the faux chrome bumpers and sports bra. Yeah, i didnt care about the $150 i spent on the new shell, but i did spend an extra $30 odd on the chrome kit for his shell. That is the only thing i like about traxxas stuff. You can buy every widget and parts are easy to get.
The only difficult part i have had to get is the extended battery hold down for my traxxas maxx, to accommodate the 6s battery. Yeah, i could have just done the velcro tie down job and it would have worked and been cheap and quick, but i bought one from germania just to keep the thing with majority factory upgrades. Bar the stuff where the factory upgrade stuff is crap. As in standard servo adapter. The factory upgrade one is plastic so i have a rpm ally one in it.The bell crank and servo saver and associated steering bits are gmp ally, ones. Steering servo is a power hd 23kg, wheels and tyres are louise beadlocks and belted tyres. Motor is a hobbywing 2200kv, and the rest is all traxxas cattle dog upgrades.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: