View Single Post
Old 14-01-2024, 10:43 PM   #2039
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Cars you don't see many of anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
So therefore.............doesn't qualify for this "Cars you don't see anymore" thread ??
Well, its 'cars you don't see many of anymore' and if there's only 10,000 EF's registered nationally, I guess it fits

Not sure if it was discussed in here or I'm getting my wires crossed, but there's a news article on the Ford Laser thats been sitting in the tow-away zone in Coburg for over a decade:

Quote:
Ten years in a tow-away zone: The story of Coburg’s ‘abandoned’ Ford Laser

The first thing they say when you ask about the car is to talk to Frank. There are actually three Franks in this story, but we’ll get to that.

“Why, do you want to buy it?” says the tailor at Oliver Fashion on Sydney Road in Coburg with a knowing smile.

It’s safe to say there are no prospective buyers for the blue 1992 Ford Laser hatchback that has sat in front of a coin laundrette and convenience store in Coburg for at least a decade.

For a start, it’s almost completely rusted through, missing a headlight and covered from bonnet to boot in dents. On the plus side, it does have an automatic transmission, sheepskin car seat covers and a club steering wheel lock.

The car has sat there so long it’s become something of a celebrity in the area, even appearing in television productions such as the Romper Stomper reboot. Those who alight from the nearby tram stop can’t help but notice it.

Adding to the intrigue is the sign standing in front of it marking the private car park as a tow-away zone. So how could it have stayed there so long?
https://www.smh.com.au/national/vict...13-p5ewyv.html

If you guys hit the pay-wall, open it as a private/incognito tab and it should work.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: