View Single Post
Old 06-01-2024, 12:20 PM   #79
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: VFACTS Dec 2023 and full year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
It’s just “noise” that rises up every few years but the truth is that there’s a conspiracy of silence.
It all goes back to when the ATO basically gave up on log book records because of the surveillance costs,
it’s much cheaper for the ATO to accept a statutory declaration for vehicle operators than to
comb through literally millions of manual log books every tax season.

Until there’s some form of enforced electronic gps vehicle monitoring, the system is not going to change.
The UK stopped all of this by making dual cab commercials subject to FBT, only single cab and super cab qualify.

Sorry I missed this the other day. The manual trans battle was lost decades ago and I’m surprised no one noticed..

My comments were both sarcastic and specifically aimed at the complaint of no manual trans Rangers.
Ford don’t care about the manual sales they are missing out on, just the 9,800 odd automatics they sold last month.
Not far away here, in the US they recently introduced mandatory Elogs on all (real) trucks built after 2000. These new logs record everything a gov agency would want. The technology would be easy to introduce to fleet and ABN holders claiming these.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: