View Single Post
Old 06-01-2024, 09:08 AM   #77
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: VFACTS Dec 2023 and full year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Oh look, more focus on the tax exemptions on Thailand Specials:

https://www.smh.com.au/business/the-...4-p5ev6v.html?

Suddenly the media is focusing on FBT exemptions on Thailand Specials, the government is talking about mandating fuel efficiency standards and looking into emissions.

Are we about to see a shift in the market? There's a lot of people who have no interest in cars suddenly interested and talking about all these tax and financial benefits that the top three selling vehicles seem to attract, and the blindness of the ATO towards the abuse of them.

I wonder if government intervention in the new car market is on Ford Australia's risk register, at the moment it works in their favor, its not a problem for Toyota because of their market coverage.

If the federal government and the prime minister for inner western Sydney suddenly intervenes forcing a market shift, its a serious problem for Ford Ute
It’s just “noise” that rises up every few years but the truth is that there’s a conspiracy of silence.
It all goes back to when the ATO basically gave up on log book records because of the surveillance costs,
it’s much cheaper for the ATO to accept a statutory declaration for vehicle operators than to
comb through literally millions of manual log books every tax season.

Until there’s some form of enforced electronic gps vehicle monitoring, the system is not going to change.
The UK stopped all of this by making dual cab commercials subject to FBT, only single cab and super cab qualify.

Quote:
How long is the line for the EV Mustang?
Sorry I missed this the other day. The manual trans battle was lost decades ago and I’m surprised no one noticed..

My comments were both sarcastic and specifically aimed at the complaint of no manual trans Rangers.
Ford don’t care about the manual sales they are missing out on, just the 9,800 odd automatics they sold last month.

Last edited by jpd80; 06-01-2024 at 09:24 AM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: